Congressman Bobby Rush dons a hoodie in support of Treyvon Martin, violating House dress code.
I had to reblog this, this is what I call a boss.
A summer cartoon by Leo Cullum. Check out more cartoons from last summer’s Swimsuit Issue: http://nyr.kr/OrXqdk
yawp \yawp, yahp, verb:
1. to utter a loud, harsh cry; to yelp, squawk, or bawl.
2. Slang. to talk noisily and foolishly or complainingly.
1. a harsh cry.
2. Slang. a. raucous or querulous speech. b. a noisy, foolish utterance.Two weeks while the lawyers were left like hounds to
Literary Birthday - 3 July
Happy Birthday, Franz Kafka, born 3 July 1883, died 3 June 1924
- A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity.
- I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.
- All language is but a poor translation.
- We photograph things in order to drive them out of our minds. My stories are a way of shutting my eyes.
- I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us.
- Books are a narcotic.
- I need solitude for my writing; not ‘like a hermit’ - that wouldn’t be enough - but like a dead man.
- Writing is utter solitude, the descent into the cold abyss of oneself.
- The person I am in the company of my sisters has been entirely different from the person I am in the company of other people. Fearless, powerful, surprising, moved as I otherwise am only when I write.
- Writing is prayer.
Kafka was a German writer of novels and short stories. Kafka’s writings symbolise modern man’s anxiety-ridden alienation in an unintelligible, hostile, or indifferent world. He is most famous for The Metamorphosis, The Trial, and The Castle.
Source for Image